(28 Apr 2012) 1. Wide of World Trade Centre building, venue for Russia-China business forum
2. Close of statue of Mercury, Roman god of trade
3. Wide reverse shot of forum interior, AUDIO: applause
4. Russian First Deputy Prime Minister, Igor Shuvalov, and Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang walking onto stage
5. Cutaway of cameras and reporters
6. SOUNDBITE (Russian) Igor Shuvalov, Russian First Deputy Prime Minister:
"The Russian side has made significant efforts to improve the business environment and create more favourable conditions for investors. One example of efficient work in the sphere of investment cooperation between our countries is the boosting of the Joint Investment Fund by the Russian Fund of Direct Investments and the Chinese Investment Corporation."
7. Cutaway of audience
8. Wide of forum
9. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Li Keqiang, Chinese Vice Premier:
"Just now we have been with Mr. Vice Premier Igor Shuvalov for the signing of two joint documents, including a inter-governmental agreement and contracts on transport, energy communications, high-technology and investment projects. The total value of the signed documents is estimated at over 15 (b) billion US dollars."
10. Cutaway of participants applauding
11. Close of Chinese audience member
12. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Li Keqiang, Chinese Vice Premier:
"We should further open our potential and find new spheres of mutual cooperation, carry out joint work in the areas of nanotechnologies, high-technology machine-building, energy saving, environmental protection, the bio-pharmaceutical sphere and information technologies. We considered the possibilities of the joint designing of the wide-bodied long-distance passenger planes and heavy helicopters. Along with that (we considered) cooperation in financing and providing financial services."
13. Mid of podium
14. Set-up of Vice President at the Centre for Investment and Trade, Lev Polyakov
15. SOUNDBITE (Russian) Lev Polyakov, Vice President, Centre for Investment and Trade:
"Generally speaking, what we see while communicating with Chinese businessmen quite often is the difference in mentality. They don''t really understand how the law functions in Russia, and if something is incomprehensible it''s always frightening."
16. Wide in lobby area at forum
The Russia-China Investment and Trade forum began in Moscow on Saturday.
Trade between Russia and China is rapidly growing, and is expected to reach 100 (b) billion US dollars by 2015.
Igor Shuvalov, Russia''s first deputy prime minister, said that high on the agenda at the forum was how best to remodel China and Russia''s economies to ensure a strong investment climate.
"The Russian side has made significant efforts to improve the business environment and create more favourable conditions for investors," he said.
Li Keqiang, the Chinese vice premier, said mutual cooperation between the two nations must be developed in a number of technological spheres.
In particular, he said the two sides had discussed "the possibilities of the joint design of wide-bodied long-distance passenger planes and heavy helicopters".
He didn''t elaborate.
Keqiang also said that deals amounting to 15 (b) billion US dollars had been signed between Russia and China ahead of the forum.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/b0bf685c4b78939a51183c50d628bcc1
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork