Seaweed is particularly beneficial for growing children and pregnant women, thanks to its rich content of calcium and iodine. We use it to make miyeokguk, or seaweed soup, and sweet and sour seasoned seaweed.
1. Miyeokguk (seaweed soup)
beef 200g, 1TS soy sauce, 1/2TS diced garlic, 30g dried seaweed, 2TS sesame oil, salt, pepper
2. Miyeok Chomuchim (seaweed with vinegar)
dried seaweed 80g, 1 cucumber, 1/3 carrot, 1 onion, 1 red chili pepper, 5TS vinegar, 1TS sugar, 2TS red chili paste, salt, sesame seeds
1) Miyeokguk (seaweed soup)
1. Soak dry seaweed in water for 30 minutes
2. Squeeze out the water, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. Cut the beef in flat pieces, and season with soy sauce, diced garlic, and pepper.
4. Stir-fry the beef in sesame oil until it turns brown.
5. Add seaweed, and stir-fry. Add eight cups of water and boil on high heat.
6. When boiled, bring down to low heat, and season with soy sauce and salt.
7. Boil for another 20 minutes, and sprinkle pepper.
2) Miyeok Chomuchim (seaweed with vinegar)
1. Parboil soaked seaweed, and rinse in cold water.
2. Chop into 4cm pieces. Slice cucumbers, carrots, onions, and chop chili peppers diagonally.
3. Make the sauce with 5 spoons of vinegar, 1 spoon of sugar, salt, and 2 spoons of gochujang.
4. Mix together seaweed, vegetables, and sauce with chopsticks. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Mung Bean Pancakes
Nokdu bindaetteok, or mung bean pancakes, are always present on special days in Korea.
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside! Let’s make mung bean pancakes together.
1. main ingredients
500g peeled mung beans, 1/2 cup of water, 250g ground pork, 5TS soy sauce 1TS rice alcohol, 150g mung bean sprouts, 250g kimchi, 3 green onion, 1 red chili pepper, 1/2TS salt, cooking oil, 2TS vinegar, 1TS water, 1TS sugar, 1/2TS red chili powder
1. Soak peeled mung beans in lukewarm water for about an hour.
2. Dry the beans, and blend into a paste together with 1/2 cup water.
3. Grind the ground pork more finely, and season with soy sauce and cheongju.
4. Parboil the bean sprouts in boiling water. Dry, and chop.
5. Shake off any excess seasoning from cabbage kimchi, and shop.
6. Chop the green onions and red peppers for garnish.
7. Make the sauce with 5 spoons soy sauce, 2 spoons vinegar, 1 spoon water, 1 spoon sugar, and 1/2 spoon red chili powder.
8. Pre-heat the pan. Stir-fry the seasoned ground pork, and cool.
9. Add the beef, bean sprouts, and kimchi to the mung bean paste. Season with a bit of salt, and stir well.
10. Heat the pan, and oil well. Spoon the dough onto the pan, and add green onions and red peppers as garnish. Flip to cook both sides, adding more oil if necessary.
11. Serve the pancakes warm, together with the sauce.
칼슘과 요오드가 풍부하게 들어 있어서 성장기 어린이와 산모에 특히 좋은 미역국과 새콤달콤한 맛으로 입맛을 살려주는 미역초무침을 만들어본다.
양지머리 200g, 국간장 1큰술, 다진 마늘 1/2큰술, 마른미역